Monday, June 7, 2010

Coconut buttermilk pie

So, I was having a hankering for coconut pie; so, I planned on making one for dessert on Sunday.  Problem is, the recipe I found called for a can of coconut milk - which I forgot to buy at the grocery store on Saturday.  Still in the mood for pie, I decided I would make a buttermilk pie for dessert instead.  Then, while making it, I thought "why not add the coconut to the buttermilk pie?"  The result was quite delicious

Pie Ingredients
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 stick butter, softened
  • 4 Tbl flour
  • 3 eggs, slightly beaten
  • 1 cup unsweetened coconut, lightly toasted
  • 1 tsp coconut extract
  • 1 unbaked pie shell
 Whipped topping Ingredients
  • 1 cup whipping cream
  • 2 Tbl sugar
  • ½ tsp coconut extract
  • ½ cup toasted coconut
 Directions
  1. Cream together butter, sugar, and flour
  2. Add eggs, buttermilk, and coconut extract and mic thrououghly
  3. Add toasted coconut
  4. pour into unbaked pie shell and bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees
Before serving
  1. Add sugar and coconut extract to whipping cream and whip until stiff
  2. fold in toasted coconut
Put a dollop the coconut whipped cream on top of each piece of pie

No comments:

Post a Comment