Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Who am I?

I am a middle aged curmudgeny married man living in the Dallas/Fort Worth region of Texas. Although I was born and raised in California, I've lived in Texas since 1984 - so this is my home now. The reality is, I work out of my home and could live virtually anywhere (that has high speed internet access) - I just can't think of any place I'd rather be.

I have 4 children, all of whom have graduated from high school and have moved out of the home. Two of my children are married; so, I also have a son-in-law and a daughter-in-law. Two of my children are soon to be married. I have 4 grandchildren - two granddaughters living in California with my daughter and twins (boy and girl) living here in Texas with my son.

I am an active member of the LDS church (the Mormon's). I am currently serving as the early morning seminary teacher - which means I meet with the high school aged students at 5:45am before school for some religious instruction. There are two seminary teachers; so, we swtich off week to week.

I am an amatuer photographer. I especially love taking environmental portraits of people

I love to cook. I love trying to cuisines and new recipe's. I have a man crush with Alton Brown (Good Eats).

I can't say that I love gardening so much, but I love having a nice garden and am willing to do what it takes to have one. Garden railroading is another interest of mine, I have a G-scale railroad setup in my back yard that winds around the yard. Although, there is some need for some track work, so the railroad is not running at the moment.

I am politically conservative. As a registered republican I voted for John McCain. Although, more accurately, I would describe myself as a fiscal conservative and a social moderate. I believe in less government and giving more control to local governemnts; although, there are a couple of key areas where I differ from the republican platform, such as gun control and same sex marriage. I support the 2nd amendment; but, I just don't see why a civilian needs to own a sub-machine gun. I also don't see how allowing two guys to be married poses any threat to me and/or my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment